Monday, May 12, 2008

New baby moos

Probably Annie is the only person who cares, but here's a pic of our newest farm animals. Steers for the first time, and as usual the smallest one is the leader (or maybe it's a breed thing with the Herefords?). They were a bit skinny when we got them (so we got them reasonably cheaply), but have fattened up nicely already.
They have three digit ear tag numbers so rather than refer to this lot by number (as we did for 41, 42, 43, 44 and 45) these guys get referred to by the colour of their faces - Whitey, Brownie and Blackie. Matches the pigs' names (Ginger and Dottie) quite well in terms of inventiveness. See, this is why we're having kids, so there's someone to come up with better names for all the animals :-)


3 comments:

A Googler said...

Cuties! I love the little guy on the left. He reminds me of a calf I had once called "Guy Smiley". (See, there's that 'creativity' you talk about ... yeah right. I went through all the muppet characters).

Emily said...

You have pigs!!!

The things you never know :-)

Andrea and Greg said...

Firstly, how crazy is this: The word verification for me to type this in is "cowwbhh"....

You know, the names might not improve much once you have kids. We had sheep called Snowy (he was white) Patches (Black with a whitish patch), Candy and Floss (they were twins), Mintie and Blossom. I cannot to this day believe I called my lamb Blossom. Makes me sound so much girlier than I was!