Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Mangawhai

Hi everyone, sorry I've been so slack at updating recently! I've been putting it off because there's so much to catch up on, and then there's more and more to catch up on so it only gets worse. So I've decided I'll just do some incremental posts... you may see photos out of order etc but I'm sure you don't mind.

Anyway we had our first camping trip away as a family over Waitangi weekend. Thursday the 5th was our wedding anniversary so we both took the day off work (as we do every year) with the plan being to get away and up to the camping ground as early as possible. We left at 3.30pm :-) (that WAS as early as possible!) Luckily we were staying in a friend's caravan so we didn't have to pitch a tent when we got there. We had perfect weather all weekend, apart from one rain storm that came through at about 3am on the first night, and I don't know if it was the sea air or the fact that there was so much to see and do while he was awake but Jeremy slept beautifully the whole time we were away, nice long naps during the day then blissfully through at night.

So here are some photos!

First beach swim (he even went under, and didn't complain):

Now we can add sand to the list of solids tried:

Speaking of solids, Dad's boy likes a BBQ breakfast:

Everyone has a baby photo of a bath in a bucket, don't they? Here's JJ's, in a (clean) fish bin:


Finally, bonus photos. JJ has gone from being a little suspicious of water, to it being his favourite thing. He will crawl over to the dog's water bowl and splash around in it happily if he's allowed :-/ and he adores playing with the shower rose, blocking off some of the spouts so the pressure in the rest goes up enough to squirt himself in the face :-) With a couple of troughs around the place we are going to have to be extra vigilant once he's walking (which I hope isn't soon!)

3 comments:

Louise said...

I just love that photo of JJ in the 'bath'! He looks so happy with his tongue through his lips. Reminds me of a certain someone who used to do exactly the same thing when she was little...

Andrea and Greg said...

It doesn't look like eating sand was a winner...

Mrs O said...

hmmm, you'd think so, but he tried it several more times, just to see if it still tasted the same.

Silly baby!