Tuesday, March 3, 2009

chomp chomp


So food is going really well here :-) There's nothing he won't try, and he seems to like everything. He turned up his nose at banana the first time he had it, but we offered it again and since then he has loved it. Just like his Dad, there's a special place in his heart for meat and potatoes!

We're still doing baby led weaning, which you might recall meant we waited a little longer than some to introduce solids but went straight to finger foods. He does have some puree on those occasions when he's really hungry and our dinner isn't ready yet, but then we operate two spoons so he can feed himself (which he's actually quite good at) with one while we're loading up the other. His daycare have been rather adventurous with it too, much to my surprise, and enjoy seeing what he will eat next. (I was glad I didn't have to clean up the aftermath of spaghetti bolognaise or tuna salad!)

This weekend his first two teeth cut through! Interestingly I conducted a little experiment since I knew the teeth were coming through, and left his teething necklace off for a few days to see if it made any difference. The verdict: nope, no difference, except that now there isn't a convenient place for all the dribble to collect to give him a rash. So I guess he's just a happy teether (although his poor bottom has been bearing the brunt of it), and maybe we'll find a new home for the necklace.

And yup, we're still breastfeeding. He hasn't bitten me there yet, although he accidentally bit me on the cheek today while he was busy telling me how he would quite like a feed now, thank you very much. If he starts chomping in more delicate places I may reevaluate weaning, but at this point, we'll still be breastfeeding for the immediately foreseeable future... hey, it's good for him, convenient and beats forking out for follow on formula! (And it's been great getting me to 8kg lighter than I was when I got pregnant, let alone losing the baby weight. Yay!)

PS yes his eyes are that blue, but no, his face isn't normally that round, unless his cheeks are crammed full of food like in the pic :-)

No comments: