So we got JJ vaccinated as soon as we got back to Auckland from our trip down to Palmerston North, but there's still a chance he could come down with the measles, so the Immunisation Advisory Centre and Auckland Regional Public Health Service said no daycare for us until the incubation period (a fortnight) is over.
Luckily another of JJ and Chiara's little friends, Daniel, was in exactly the same boat, so Daniel's mum Felicity and I are sharing babysitting duties this week and the two boys are having a grand old time together in 'quarantine' this week.
Today, for instance, we all went for a walk (no buggy - I had left mine at home, and Daniel's was in Felicity's car I think - so I wore them both, they had a great time playing boo with each other over my shoulders!):
We stopped at the park, where they had a lovely time on the swings:
After morning naptime we had lunch and made a big mess, so we all cleaned up together:
Then we went outside for an explore and some climbing:
Two days down, two to go! And blessedly, no measles symptoms for either of them yet (touch wood!)
4 comments:
You wore them both? Crazy woman! Looks like quarantine isn't toooo heinous tho. Daniel looks like such a boy in the pic at the playground.
x Emma and the measly baby (aka the disease spreader)
Yep, went for two walks that way! And I was wearing high heeled boots! :-)
Love it Rach!! Especially the pic of you wearing JJ and Daniel! Legend :)
Kimberley :)
Soooo his father's boy, your one. Vacuuming.... soccer ball..... vacuuming.... soccer ball. SOCCER BALL!!
(I know Dave DOES actually help - it helps when the home vacuum is such a cool toy... I want a Dyson!! - but couldn't resist)
And wow on wearing 2 babies in heels. I can barely walk in heels without any added... umm.. baggage. I bow down before your superior skills.
Post a Comment