So I thought I was being so good doing a non-baby post, but that's not what you come here to see, is it? Here's the baby post, then :-)
Jeremy is still a happy and relatively easy baby. He had a bit of a cold which disrupted his sleeping patterns for a little while, but generally sleeps approx 8 hours overnight, lucky us. I had been a bit concerned as the cold started off with him suddenly starting to drool, being a bit grizzly, gnawing on his knuckles - all the signs of teething, which it's way too soon for. Lucky the doc said it was just a cold, phew, I'm not quite ready for months of that just yet.
I'm surprised how many people have actually been interested in our use of cloth nappies, of course we are using them fulltime now, even when out and about, what sort of tree hugging hippie would I be if we weren't? ;-) It's really easy actually, seemed like such an achievement when we started doing it but it's second nature now, and the disposable nappies feel really yucky. Not to cast aspersions on those who choose to use disposables, of course! I have the time and inclination to do it and a baby who lets me get stuff done, and I understand not everybody is lucky like that.
Because we see him every day we don't realise how quickly he's growing, but I'm assured he gets noticeably bigger and more advanced every week. Developmental milestone for today is he's suddenly realised his hands belong to him and he can do stuff with them (like hold onto toys which make noise and are nice to chew on, thanks Aunty Marie and Uncle Paul), hopefully that means he'll stop scratching his face soon! Doesn't sound like much, but means he's that little bit better at entertaining himself.

No comments:
Post a Comment