Further to the below, I forgot to mention that JJ is getting full feeds from Rach now. As a result of this, his feeding tube has been removed. So all the photos you've seen to date he's had a green tube coming out of his nose and a white or transparent sticky on his face. That has been removed, and he now looks, well, like a baby...
We asked the nurses in SCBU about clothing, and they said they were always being donated hats and cardigans etc, so Rach and I went for a more practical gift to the nurses. One thing we noticed in SCBU was that the nurses were always running around looking for the calculator to determine feed quantity, drug volumes etc etc. So, Rach and I donated some calculators to SCBU to help them with their day to day tasks.
The nurses in SCBU are an excellent bunch of people, and I don't know how they can deal with caring for sick babies day after day. They do get a kick out of delivering a baby from SCBU to the ward - as a kind of graduation I suppose - and our nurse took great pride in pushing JJ's cot the 100m or so from SCBU to the ward.
Either Rach or I will update you all tomorrow. If Rach is at home, I'll get her to post a note, cause no doubt you all want to hear from her.
I would like to say a big thank you to everybody that has helped in some way or another, or given JJ (or us) a presie as a welcome to the world.
To be honest, things have happened quickly over the last week - day by day there has been little bits of improvement for both Rach and JJ, and we now advance on the longer path of recovery and watching JJ grow week by week.
I give him 6 months before he's worked out how to drive my ride-on mower, maybe a year before he's driving the car. He's already worked out the firefighter bit by squirting his hose to great effect. We just need to get him into a profession that will allow Rach and I to retire early... Golf maybe...
Cheers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We give him 2-3 years before he is skiing, there is money in that maybe?? Also had a giggle at the engineers' gift to the nurses. Very practical, nice work.
Post a Comment