Thursday, July 10, 2008

A visit from The Clan

Well, last night I got to be at 10.30, which is the earliest I have been to bed for a week. And, apart from a grumpy patch this morning where i tramped all over West Auckland searching for an apple danish for Rach (the grumpy part was a. not being able to find a bakery with apple danish and then b. Rach changing her mind once I was at the 5th place), I feel better for it this afternoon... OR maybe I feel better because I had some of the yummy chocolates Emily sent us for a pressie... Thanks Em!!!

Ok, so my Mum and Dad bought Holly and Georgia over last night to visit JJ, as Georgia and Holly were unable to see him previously due to being in SCBU...



So far, the news is that Rach and JJ will be sent home tomorrow (Friday), after spending a week in the hospital. I bought Rach a Herald today to get her up to speed with what is happening in the world and so she can give me a summary of the goings on when I visit her again tonight.


A big thanks to Marcel and Fiona who had me over to dinner on Tuesday night. A yummy Stir Fry followed by Cookies and Cream ice cream... yum yum.


Last night was the first in a week that I have been able to put my feet up and watch TV. Nothing was on so I'm now up to speed with Outragous Fortune, and I think the dogs were happier to be able to spend more time inside. The temp this morning at 9am was 7 degrees, and there was still a heavy frost on the lawn... brrr...

1 comment:

Andrea and Greg said...

7 degrees?? That's positively tropical! At 9am this morning we had -1.7 with a windchill of -4. We still have the snow we scraped off our driveway piles up on the sides and the remnants of a snowman in the back yard... and a VERY decent covering of ice on the car this morning. You Aucklanders are soft :-)
Although it is a bit cold for a newborn, hence the gift, which is probably too big, but you get that....